Susan is available to provide training on her innovative, unique motivational model Susan Omilian has successfully used with hundreds of women who have been abused to help them move from victim to survivor to thriver.
Empower your organization or practice
Susan’s training on her innovative, groundbreaking work can empower your organization or practice by injecting exciting new ideas and concepts into your program, policies or services. In the training, you will explore Susan’s innovative motivational model and her highly successful work with women helping them reclaim their lives after abuse.
In the training, Susan can help you:
- Identify particular barriers faced by survivors in moving beyond abuse.
- Provide practical tips to motivate and empower survivors to become thrivers.
- Strategize about how to work with women who may return to abuse, face addictions or experience low self-esteem.
Who should attend
If you work in a domestic violence/sexual assault services program, women’s organization substance abuse treatment program or inmate release program, this training can provide staff, volunteers and board members with a fresh, viable approach to working with women who get stuck in victim or survivor mode and cannot find their way to a positive, productive life after abuse.
If you are a child welfare worker, life coach, social worker, counselor, therapist, clinician, healthcare worker or doctor, Susan’s training can give you new ideas, skills, exercises and strategies to use in your practice to help women and their families reach treatment goals more steadily and successfully.
Who can benefit
- Anyone currently working with women who have been abused and traumatized who would like to learn new techniques and improve skill in their practice or program.
- Anyone currently conducting support or therapy groups for women who would like to consider a new curriculum and process for working through abuse and trauma.
What You Will Learn
The training will familiarize you with Susan’s seven-step model as presented in her book, Entering the Thriver Zone: A Seven-Step Guide to Thriving After Abuse and enable you to use the book successfully with clients individually or with a support or therapy groups. The training specifically focuses on the movement from survivor to thriver and goes step-by-step through the chapters and exercises in the workbook. Also included is how to use Thriver Success Stories from book as well as songs, guided meditation and affirmations to motivate and inspire women to thrive.
During a half-day or full-day intensive training session, you will learn Susan’s unique and innovative motivational model, including how to:
- Explore fairy tales in order to see the journey from victim to survivor to “thriver.”
- Play in the “right brain” where intuition, creativity and passion lie.
- Quiet down the Inner Critic, the negative voice that can sabotage progress forward.
- Make contact with the “Happy Person Inside,” your cheerleader and best advocate.
- Vision the new life women can create for themselves and their children.